This edition: Fort Greene FlightTweet
Original tape date: October 8, 2012.
First aired: October 10, 2012.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we talk about why black owned businesses are leaving Fort Greene, an area they once dominated. We hear about the grassroots organizations drawing attention to the escalating human cost of the Mexican drug war.
Abi Ishola Independent Sources
Zyphus Lebrun Host; Producer, Study With the Best; Independent Sources
Paul Leonard Editor, Fort Greene-Clinton Hill Patch
Marlene Peralta Host/Producer, Independent Sources/Science & U!
Carlos Piñeyro Member, #YoSoy132 NY
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Daniel Robelo Research Coordinator, Drug Policy Alliance
Stacey Sutton Columbia U. School of Architecture, Planning & Preservation
Michael Thompson Owner, Brooklyn Moon Cafe
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm