This edition: Landmark Victory or Political Theatre?Tweet
Original tape date: March 4, 2013.
First aired: March 6, 2013.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we talk about how a recent City Council bill could over turn parts of the controversial Secure Communities program in New York City. We hear about the plans some local environmentalists have for a multi-million dollar windfall they received after a protracted fight with the oil giant, Exxon. Then we learn more about the growing wave of independent directors and producers who are turning to the Internet for their audience.
Dianna Brown-Smith Writer & Producer, “Disciplinary Actions”
Aymar Jean Christian University of Pennsylvania Annenberg School for Communication, Doctoral Candidate in Communication
Mr. Tony Clomax Writer, Director, & Producer, "12 Steps to Recovery"
Abi Ishola Independent Sources
Phillip Musegaas Hudson River Program Director, Riverkeeper
Lindsay Nash Clinical Litigation Fellow/Liman Fellow, Cardozo Immigration Justice Clinic
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Vianora Vinca Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm