This edition: The High Price of LivingTweet
Original tape date: June 25, 2013.
First aired: July 17, 2013.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we talk about the success and failure of Mayor Bloomberg's affordable housing plan. We look at what lies ahead for the sector by examining the current mayoral candidates plans for affordable housing. Then we see how one organization is turning some low income New Yorkers into homeowners.
Matthew Dunbar Associate Director of Government Relations and Advocacy, Habitat for Humianity
Rachel Fee Coordinator, Housing First!
Moses Gates CHAMP Director, Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development, Inc.
Bernell Grier Chief Executive Officer, Neighborhood Housing Services of NYC, Inc.
Abi Ishola Independent Sources
Jarrett Murphy Editor in Chief, City Limits Magazine
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Sarah Pizon Independent Sources
Rochelle Rayford Homeowner
Vianora Vinca Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm