This edition: 9/11 SpecialTweet
Original tape date: September 11, 2013.
First aired: September 11, 2013.
On the first episode of the new season, we commemorate the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 Attacks with a special episode seeing how the attacks affected New York's ethnic communities.
First, we investigate the influence of 9/11 on immigration reform. Then we see how Brooklyn’s Pakistani community is still dealing with the consequences of massive deportations and law enforcement scrutiny. After that, we highlight how Chinatown has attempted to rebound from the attacks. Finally, we hear how one organization is trying to get recognition for many of the undocumented who died at Ground Zero.
Wellington Z. Chen Executive Director, Chinatown Partnership
Judith R. Escalona Independent Sources
Zyphus Lebrun Host; Producer, Independent Sources
David J. Louie Chairman, Chinatown Partnership
Joel Magallan Reyes Executive Director, Asociación Tepeyac de New York
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Sarah Pizon Independent Sources
Allan J. Wernick Director, CUNY Citizenship Now!
Mohsin Zaheer Editor, Sada-e-Pakistan
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm