This edition: African InfluenceTweet
Original tape date: December 2, 2013.
First aired: December 4, 2013.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we hear about how China is growing its influence in Africa and the repercussions of these efforts. Then we discuss why more African Americans are deciding to wear their hair naturally and whether or not corporate America is open to that.
Michaela Angela Davis Founder, Black Girls Rock!
Jacob Kushner Author, “China’s Congo Plan”
Anu Prestonia President, Khamit Kinks Natural Hair Care Salon
June Terry Model
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm