This edition: Wage RageTweet
Original tape date: February 3, 2014.
First aired: February 5, 2014.
On this edition of Independent Sources, Garry Pierre-Pierre examines the minimum wage debate. Then, Zyphus Lebrun speaks to award-winning documentary filmmaker Yoruba Richen about her film, "The New Black," which explores same sex marriage in the African American community. Finally, Sarah Pizon tells us about the Bayanihan Filipino Community Center, which may soon close its doors for good.
John Arensmeyer Founder & CEO, Small Business Majority
Jonna Baldres Community Action Coordinator, Philippine Forum
Apurva Mehrotra Policy Analyst, Community Service Society of New York
Yoruba Richen Director/Producer/Writer, “The New Black” (2013)
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm