This edition: Venezuela is BurningTweet
Original tape date: March 24, 2014.
First aired: March 26, 2014.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we talk about the causes and possible ramifications of protests in Venezuela, we speak to foster-care advocate Pat O’Brien about the effect of false child abuse cases on the foster care system, and we speak to two East Harlem residents who started a new organization to assist those displaced by the recent explosion.
Raphael Benavides President, East Harlem Merchants Association
Pat O'Brien President, NYS Citizens’ Coalition for Children
Clark Peña Founder, Operation: East Harlem We Stand
Prof. Julie Skurski, Ph.D Distinguished Lecturer, CUNY Graduate Center
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm