This edition: Transgender and JewishTweet
First aired: April 2, 2014.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Zyphus Lebrun, Zyphus talks to Naomi Zeveloff of the Forward newspaper and transgender activist Joy Ladin about how the growing numbers of Jewish transgender men and women are influencing a few very old and sacred rituals in that community. Then Sarah Pizon examines the difficultly many Hispanic parents face when dealing with their autistic children in her interview with Gina Peña-Campodónico and Gisela Sanders-Alcántara.
Prof. Joy Ladin, Ph.D. Professor of English, Yeshiva University
Gina Peña-Campodónico Autism Initiative Coordinator, Sinergia, Inc.
Gisela Sanders-Alcantara Producer “Nueva York”, CUNY TV
Naomi Zeveloff Deputy Culture Editor, The Jewish Daily Forward
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm