This edition: Herbal RemediesTweet
Original tape date: May 12, 2014.
First aired: May 14, 2014.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre, we speak to Nayaba Arinde of the New York Amsterdam News and Kassandra Frederique of the Drug Policy Alliance about the move towards legalizing marijuana in New York City. We speak to Victoria Hofmo about the significance of Norwegian immigrants to New York City on the eve of the community’s celebrating its 200th anniversary of independence from Denmark. Then we profile Fanya Heller, a Holocaust survivor who is using her terrible tale of despair to inspire inner city teens.
Nayaba A. Arinde Editor , New York Amsterdam News
Kassandra Frederique New York Policy Coordinator, Drug Policy Alliance
Fanya Gottesfeld Heller Author, Philanthropist, Holocaust Survivor
Victoria Hofmo Founder/President, Scandinavian East Coast Museum
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm