This edition: Polishing the ParadeTweet
Original tape date: June 2, 2014.
First aired: June 4, 2014.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre, we talk to a new board member of the National Puerto Rican Day Parade about how they’re trying to change the event’s image after the last board was disbanded under a shroud of controversy. Sarah Pizon speaks to Sonia Manzano, known for her role as Maria on Sesame Street, and Aurora Anaya-Cerda, the founder of the independent bookstore La Casa Azul, about a program that hopes to promote literacy and a sense on community in East Harlem. Then we see how African-inspired fashion is adding some flare to the streets of Brooklyn.
Aurora Anaya-Cerda Owner, La Casa Azul Bookstore
Sonia Manzano Author, “The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano”
Orlando Plaza Board Member, National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc.
- Heat Seeker
- Friday, April 13 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, April 14 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, April 17 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, April 19 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, April 24 - 4:30pm
- Art Influenced
- Friday, March 30 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, April 5 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, April 7 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, April 12 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- On the Rocks
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, March 29 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm