This edition: Medicaid and Immigration ReformTweet
Original tape date: February 9, 2015.
First aired: February 11, 2015.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Sarah Pizon, we discuss a recent executive order from President Obama that could provide healthcare to tens of thousands of undocumented immigrants but cost New York State millions. We learn more about the Islamist militant group Boko Haram that is terrorizing Nigeria. Then we speak to Michelle Materre about “Tell It Like it Is”, a film series focusing on the work of independent black filmmakers.
Claudia Calhoon Health Advocacy Senior Specialist , New York Immigration Coalition
Michelle Materre Co Programmer - Tell It Like It is , Film Society of Lincoln Center
Prof. Mojubaolu Olufunke Okome Professor, Political Science Department, Brooklyn College/CUNY
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm