This edition: South Bronx Start UpTweet
Original tape date: March 16, 2015.
First aired: March 18, 2015.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Zyphus Lebrun, we take a look at two companies attempting to make the South Bronx the next major frontier for tech start up companies, we see how an organization called Exhale to Inhale is using yoga to assist victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse, and we take you to El Barrio, Spanish Harlem, where a 10-year plan to provide affordable housing for artists is finally bearing fruit.
Plinio Ayala CEO, Per Scholas, Inc.
Melodie Bahan Vice President of Communications, Artspace
Alenca David Actor
Carlos David Photographer
Julie Fernandez Instructor, Exhale to Inhale
Antonia Guerrero Artist
Keith Klain CEO, Doran Jones, Inc.
Bernardo Palombo Founder/Executive Director, El Taller Latino Americano
Maria Rivera Singer/Dancer, Unstoppable Dance Crew
Gustavo Rosado Executive Director, El Barrio's Operation Fight Back
Tara Tonini Program Director, Exhale to Inhale
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm