This edition: Picture of the PoorTweet
Original tape date: May 25, 2015.
First aired: May 27, 2015.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Zyphus Lebrun, we find out why New Yorkâ€™s child poverty rates are higher than anywhere else in the United States. We learn about a recently published book that shows a more positive side of the cityâ€™s much-maligned public houses or â€śprojects", as they are called colloquially. Then we feature a Brazilian artist whose work emphasizes the preservation of buildings of historical import.
Prof. Laird W. Bergad Distinguished Professor of History, CUNY Graduate Center
Chelsea Davis Editor, Project Lives
Sonia Guggisberg Artist
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm