This edition: Let Them PlayTweet
Original tape date: June 8, 2015.
First aired: June 10, 2015.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Sarah Pizon, we learn about the grassroots organization fighting to get equal access to sports in some underserved New York City high schools. Then we learn why stickball, the quintessential New York sport, may be making its way back to New York City streets.
Fatou Boye Student Leader, "Let Em Play” Movement
Carlos Diaz President, New York Stickball Hall of Fame
David García-Rosen Director, "Let Em Play” Movement
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm