This edition: Race In AmericaTweet
Original tape date: June 22, 2015.
First aired: June 24, 2015.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre, we ask whether the conversation about race in the United States is evolving. We’ll talk about the history of segregation that has made this a taboo topic in this country and how an emerging biracial generation may be changing the conversation about the issue.
Dr. Lawrence Johnson, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Sociology, Brooklyn College/CUNY
Ken Tanabe Founder/President, Loving Day
Tamara Winfrey Harris Author, “The Sisters Are Alright”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm