This edition: Pushing Deferred ActionTweet
Original tape date: February 8, 2016.
First aired: February 10, 2016.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Abi Ishola, we hear about the growing impetus behind an effort to reinstate the controversial DACA and DAPA programs that would save millions of undocumented immigrants from deportation. Abi speaks to the author of the “Up South Cookbook” that explores her fusion of her southern roots and north eastern influences. Then we visit a new bakery that’s bringing the “Mahalo” spirit to Queens.
Francis Madi Cerrada Regional Outreach Associate, New York Immigration Coalition
Sunita Devi Shiwdin Co-Owner, Mahalo New York Bakery
Nicole A. Taylor Author, “The Up South Cookbook: Chasing Dixie in a Brooklyn Kitchen”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm