This edition: Fighting for the UndergroundTweet
Original tape date: April 18, 2016.
First aired: April 20, 2016.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Abi Ishola, we learn about a Brooklyn woman’s battle with encroaching developers to save a building that was once part of the Underground Railroad. We meet an artist who is preserving indigenous Mexican culture through his art. Then a playwright talks about how writing a one-man show helped him come out to his Hispanic family.
Shawné Lee Community Activist
Gustavo Rodriguez Artist/Photographer
José Roldán, Jr. Actor/Playwright, Father Forgive Me For I Have Sinned
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm