This edition: The Ethnic MenuTweet
Original tape date: May 2, 2016.
First aired: May 4, 2016.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Abi Ishola, we explore some of New York City’s wide-ranging ethnic foods. We meet an entrepreneur who launched a food delivery service that employs resettled refugees as chefs. We hear from a chef who left her high-powered corporate job to start a fried rice business in the Lower East Side. Abi speaks to a Georgian transplant, who is fusing her Southern roots and New York influence into a cookbook. Then we head to Queens, where a Guyanese immigrant is sharing her love of sweets and treats at her bakery.
Zing Bai Founder, Zing’s Awesome Rice
Manal Kahi Co-Founder/CEO, Eat Offbeat
Sunita Devi Shiwdin Co-Owner, Mahalo New York Bakery
Nicole A. Taylor Author, “The Up South Cookbook: Chasing Dixie in a Brooklyn Kitchen”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm