This edition: Below the Poverty LineTweet
Original tape date: October 24, 2016.
First aired: October 26, 2016.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre, we focus on poverty, the statistics are saying that poverty in the US is down but they’re not telling the real story. Forty three million people still languish ad they may not be who you think. The Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams, talks about addressing his community’s income disparity at a time when a real estate boom is causing the gap between rich and poor to widen. Then Abi Ishola speaks to the author Dr. C. Nicole Mason, about her new book “Born Bright.” Dr. Mason highlights some of the nuances overt he poverty debate by highlighting some of her own experiences growing up.
Eric L. Adams Brooklyn Borough President
Greg Kaufmann Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
Dr. C. Nichole Mason, Ph.D. Author, “Born Bright”
Stephanie Phillips Senior Management Consultant, The Robin Hood Foundation
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm