This edition: The Hijab and the AthleteTweet
Original tape date: June 12, 2017.
First aired: June 14, 2017.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Zyphus Lebrun, we take a special look at female Muslim athletes and their growing role in the battle against Islamophobia in the United States. We talk to Bilqis Abdul-Qaadir who was instrumental in the reversal of the International Basketball Federation - FIBA's, ban on Hijabs. Then we profile Aya Elsekhely who is trying to help other Muslim women in their athletic careers.
Bilqis Abdul-Qaadir Athlete Activist
Shireen Ahmed Writer and Sports Activist
Aya Elsekhely Athlete Activist
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm