This edition: On the RocksTweet
Original tape date: October 23, 2017.
First aired: October 27, 2017.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre we return to the Rockaway peninsula five years after Hurricane Sandy. Where is the beach recovery process? Do residents feel safe as the threat of more powerful storms become more prevalent? Who feels invisible in this entire process. We get answers to these and other questions.
Colonel (Ret.) John Boulé II, P.E. Senior Vice President, Dewberry
Andrea Colon Community Organizer, Rockaway Youth Task Force
John Cori Friends of Rockaway Beach
Leigh T. Graham, PhD Assistant Professor, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
Jessel Sampson Edgemere Resident
Lisa Sampson Edgemere Resident
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm