This edition: Caribbean DisunityTweet
Original tape date: November 6, 2017.
First aired: November 10, 2017.
On this edition of Independent Sources hosted by Garry Pierre Pierre, why the city’s West Indian community hasn’t been able to garner and assert more political power. New York has the largest Caribbean population outside of the region itself. But immigrants from the smaller group of islands like Dominica and Grenada seem to lack a real political voice, while bigger islands like Jamaica and Hispaniola get all the headlines. We talk to our experts about why that is the case and whats being done to create greater Caribbean unity. Then we profile Creme and Cocoa, the latest small batch creamery to come to Brooklyn.
John Flateau, PhD Professor & Chair, Department of Public Administration, Medgar Evers College/CUNY
Felicia Persaud CaribPR Wire
Omar Thorpe Co-Founder, Crème and Cocoa Creamery
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm