This edition: March 2008Tweet
Original tape date: March 25, 2008.
Professor Anthony Tamburri interviews Donna Lopiano, Ph. D., former Chairwoman of the Women's Sports Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes the health and well being of young women through organized sports and collegiate atheletics. Dr. Lopiano was also an extremely succesful collegeiate atheletics coach and an acclaimed athlete herself. Prof. Tamburri queries Dr. Lopiano on Title IX and its many and varied effects upon women in collegiate, organized sports and women and society in general. They also discuss Donna Lopianos legacy as both a coach and an athelete.
The National Organization of Italian American Women Celebrate Women's History Month with a Gala Luncheon Honoring Janet DiFiore, Disrict Attorney of Westchester County, New York and Vincenzo Zuccarelli. NOIAW also celebrates its strong Westchester Chapter.
AJT (Tamburri), Donna Lopiano, Ph.D.(frmr.Chairwoman/Women's Sports Foundation), Maria Tamburri (VP/NOIAW), Carol Salvagni Macloed (President/NOIAW), Hon. Francesco Maria Talo (Consul General of Italy in New York), Mrs. Mailtda Raffa Cuomo (Fmr. NY State First Lady/Mentoring USA), Dr. Aileen Riotto Sirey (Chrwmn & Founder/NOIAW), Vincenzo Zuccarelli (NOIAW Special Recognition for Community Service)
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean and Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm