This edition: May 2008Tweet
Original tape date: May 27, 2008.
A special episode of ITALICS where Dean Anthony J. Tamburri shares a table discussion with the Honorable Francesco Maria Talo and Cavalieri Joseph Sciame about the recent crisis emerging for the nation's italian american community in retaining the Advanced Placement Test in the Italian Language with the Natiional College Board, also known as the AP in Italian test. Prof Tamburri, who is also the President of the American Association of Teachers of Italian, Consul General Talo and Mr Sciame, President of the Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee, discuss various strategies, tactics, and areas of committment that all parts of our community will have to make to ensure the continued teaching of the italian language throughout all levels of the educational system here in the United States.The trio also discuss language as true cultural ambassador, the many and varied reasons for the loss of the italian language by the italian disapora in america, and the possibilities that generations removed from the mother tongue in america may very well be regenerating it for everyone's future benefit.
AJT (Tamburri), Hon. Francesco Maria Talo (Consul General of Italy to New York), Cav. Joseph Sciame,(President/Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee)
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean and Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm