This edition: December 2008Tweet
Original tape date: December 30, 2008.
A.) Cartoonist Robert Tinnel reads from his graphic novel " The Feast of the Seven Fishes", visually telling the humorous story of a man bringing his "non-ethnic" girlfriend to visit his very family during the most traditional of Christmas holiday dinners.Mr Tinnell's reading was part of the Writers Read Series sponsored By the Calandra Institute.
B.) A Preview of the new Tuscan Gardens at Snug Harbor Cultural Center in Staten Island. In April of 2009 Snug Harbor Cultural Center will unveil its new Tuscan Gardens, modelled after the great Italian Florentine Renasciamento Gardens. Tuscan Gardens will be the second, alongside the Chinese Garden, of the seven great gardens of the world the Center on Staten Island plans to re-create in its longterm future.
C.) A Re-broadcast of Dr Joseph Sciorra's look at Preseppe or Presppio's, annually created nativity scenes or creches, specificallyAntonio Demeglie's of Northern New Jersey, Dr. Sciorra, a Folklorist at The Calandra Institute/CUNY.
Lucia Grillo Italics Correspondent
Annie Lanzilotto Lanzilotto & FIASCO
Dr. Joseph Sciorra, Ph.D. Associate Director of Academic and Cultural Programs/Folklorist
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean and Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
Robert Tinnel Author
- ITALICS John Gennari: "Flavor And Soul"
- Tuesday, March 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 18 - 6:30pm
- NOIAW Annual Luncheon | NIAF Annual NY Gala
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 18 - 6:30pm