This edition: June 2011Tweet
Original tape date: June 29, 2011.
On this episode of Italics, we go to Albany, New York to look at the annual meeting of the New York Conference of Italian American State Legislators as well as the celebration of Italian American Day in Albany. Next, we go to New Orleans, Louisiana to visit The American Italian Cultural Center, which has been preserving the history of Italians in the South for more then 40 years. We’ll also meet with Mr. Frank Mazzelli, President of the AICC and go to a recent screening of Italian actor Franco Nero’s new film, “Forever Blue”.
Lucia Grillo Italics Correspondent
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean and Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm