This edition: Italics Italian Heritage and Culture Month Special #1 2013Tweet
Original tape date: September 30, 2013.
First aired: October 10, 2013.
Each October, New York State celebrates Italian American Heritage and Culture. What began as Italian Culture Week has grown into a month-long itinerary of numerous events spanning the city, state, and country, attracting international participants and arguably having become the largest celebration of all things Italian outside Italy.
On this special episode of ITALICS, Joseph Sciame, Chairman of the Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee of New York joins us in our studios to talk with host Dr. Anthony Julian Tamburri about the significance of commemorating Italian heritage and culture, and will highlight some of the events happening in October. We’ll take you to the Italian Consulate in New York, where Dr. Tamburri will join us for a talk with the honorable Natalia Quintavalle, Consul General of Italy in New York, who will tell about some pleasant surprises during her first two years in New York, and update us on some new events at the Consulate – both for the Year of Italian Culture in the U.S. and changes in the Consulate itself.
Hon. Natalia Quintavalle Consul General of Italy in New York, Italian Consulate, New York
Cav. Uff. Joseph Sciame President, Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee, New York
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm