This edition: Italics Italian Heritage and Culture Month Special #2 2013Tweet
Original tape date: September 16, 2013.
First aired: October 17, 2013.
ITALICS celebrates its seventh season of four one-hour Special Episodes dedicated to Italian Heritage and Culture Month.
On this edition of ITALICS, New York Assemblywoman Donna Lupardo, President of the New York Conference of Italian-American State Legislators, joins us at the John D. Calandra Institute to talk with host Dr. Anthony Julian Tamburri about the annual Conference of the New York Legislators and sharing Italian heritage and culture via the Conference’s closing-night festa, a warm welcome received and delightful discoveries during a recent trip to Italy, and her inspiration to give back. Also joining Dr. Tamburri at the Calandra Institute is Professor Robert Viscusi of Brooklyn College/CUNY, sharing his experience in “becoming Italian,” portrayals of race and class, and other topics encompassed in his epic poem, “Ellis Island,” recently published by Bordighera Press.
Donna Lupardo President, New York Conference of Italian-American State Legislators
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Host, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
Robert Viscusi Poet, Author & Professor of English, Brooklyn College
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm