This edition: Italian American Holiday Meals and TraditionsTweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2013.
First aired: December 25, 2013.
On this Special Holiday Episode – featuring ITALICS’ first-ever culinary segments! – we will learn about, and how to make, traditional Italian-American and Italian holiday meals, including centuries-old recipes that mirror contemporary dishes catered to the health- and environmentally-conscious. Italics correspondent Lucia Grillo brings us into the kitchen with food historian Francine Segan. Then she’ll take us to 3 Brothers Pizza Café in Long Island, where Chef Jay Astafa is cooking up some traditions of his own. We’ll take you to the Westchester Italian Cultural Center’s presepio, and we’ll join the excitement in a game of tombola.
Jay Astafa Chef, 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe/Jay Kitchen
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Francine Segan Food Historian
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- ITALICS John Gennari: "Flavor And Soul"
- Tuesday, March 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 18 - 6:30pm
- NOIAW Annual Luncheon | NIAF Annual NY Gala
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 18 - 6:30pm