This edition: Italian Futurists at Guggenheim/InScena! TheatreTweet
Original tape date: June 25, 2014.
First aired: June 25, 2014.
On this episode of Italics: Television for the Italian American Experience - Vivien Green, curator of “Italian Futurism, 1909–1944: Reconstructing the Universe,” at New York’s Guggenheim Museum; Italian actress Iaia Forte performs Paolo Sorrentino’s “Tutti hanno ragione (Everybody’s Right)” as part of InScena! Italian Theatre Festival; baseball’s Mike Piazza lights the Empire State Building red, white, and green for The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF); and the New York Conference of Italian American State Legislators honors Tony Danza and Liberty DeVitto, joined by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Laura Caparrotti Founding Artistic Director, InScena! Italian Theater Festival NY
Andrew M. Cuomo Governor, New York State
Tony Danza Actor
Liberty DeVitto Drummer
Mario Fratti Playwright
Vivien Green Curator of 19th- and Early 20th-Century Art, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum New York
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Mike Piazza Former MLB Player, Major League Baseball
Dr. Joseph Sciorra, Ph.D. Associate Director of Academic and Cultural Programs/Folklorist, Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm