This edition: Exploring Religious ProcessionsTweet
Original tape date: August 18, 2014.
First aired: August 27, 2014.
Ciro Quattrocchi, president of the Società Santa Fortunata di New York explains the history and significance of the Santa Fortunata procession in Brooklyn. The 125th annual feast of St. Rocco is held at St. Joseph’s church in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. Stephen S. La Rocca, Esq., President of the St. Rocco Society of Potenza in New York, details his journey in discovering this celebration and its impact on locals.
Stephen La Rocca President, St. Rocco Society of Potenza in New York
Ciro Quattrocchi President, Società Santa Fortunata di New York
Dr. Joseph Sciorra, Ph.D. Associate Director of Academic and Cultural Programs/Folklorist, Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm