This edition: Italian Heritage and Culture Month Special #1 2014Tweet
Original tape date: October 9, 2014.
First aired: October 9, 2014.
Each October, New York State celebrates Italian American Heritage and Culture.
What began as Italian Culture Week has grown into a month-long itinerary of numerous events spanning the city, state, and country, attracting international participants and arguably having become the largest celebration of all things Italian outside Italy.
Joseph Sciame, Chairman of the Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee of New York, joins us in our studios to talk about the significance of commemorating Italian heritage and culture, and will highlight some of the events happening throughout October. Also joining us are Frank G. Fusaro, Chairman of the Board of Governors, and Angelo Vivolo, President of the Columbus Citizens Foundation, organizers of the annual Columbus Day Parade.
Frank G. Fusaro Chairman of the Board of Governors, Columbus Citizens Foundation
Cav. Uff. Joseph Sciame President/Chairman, Italian Heritage and Culture Month Committee, New York
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
Angelo Vivolo President, Columbus Citizens Foundation
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm