This edition: Italian Heritage and Culture Month Special #2 2014Tweet
Original tape date: October 16, 2014.
First aired: October 16, 2014.
ITALICS celebrates its eighth season of four one-hour Special Episodes dedicated to Italian Heritage and Culture Month. This edition features Hon. Natalia Quintavalle, Consul General of Italy in New York, as well as John Calvelli, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs at Wildlife Conservation Fund and Executive Vice President of the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF).
Each October, New York State celebrates Italian American Heritage and Culture.
What began as Italian Culture Week has grown into a month-long itinerary of numerous events spanning the city, state, and country, attracting international participants and arguably having become the largest celebration of all things Italian outside Italy.
On this edition of ITALICS, Hon. Natalia Quintavalle welcomes us into the Italian Consulate on Park Avenue for our annual afternoon chat with the Consul General of Italy in New York. We’ll go on a brief tour of the Bronx Zoo during an in-depth conversation with John Calvelli, Executive Vice President of Public Affairs at Wildlife Conservation Fund and Executive Vice President of the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF).
John Calvelli Executive Vice President, National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
Hon. Natalia Quintavalle Consul General of Italy to New York, Italian Consulate in New York
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm