This edition: Italian Heritage and Culture Month Special #3 2014Tweet
Original tape date: October 23, 2014.
First aired: October 23, 2014.
ITALICS celebrates its eighth season of four one-hour Special Episodes dedicated to Italian Heritage and Culture Month. On this edition, Anthony Julian Tamburri and Fred Gardaphe, both of the Calandra Italian American Institute, reflect on the reception of Italian Americana – in media, in academia, and in society, in general. Journalist and author Maria Laurino discusses her forthcoming book, “The Italian Americans,” companion to the eponymous documentary premiering on PBS in 2015.
Fred Gardaphé Distinguished Professor of English and Italian American Studies, John D. Calandra Italian American Institute; Queens College/CUNY
Maria Laurino Journalist and Author, “The Italian Americans”
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm