This edition: Women's History Month 2015Tweet
Original tape date: March 25, 2015.
First aired: March 25, 2015.
Women’s History Month Special. This episode focuses on Italian American women in the public eye. Pop icon who often refers to, embraces, and sometimes seemingly desperately clings to her Italian roots: Madonna Louise Ciccone, aka Madonna. Kay Turner (The New School) and Chris Cuomo (University of Georgia) discuss the “Material Girl” as Italian American woman. Valerie Smaldone, one of America’s favorite voices, in radio, commercials, and television, on her multifarious career as a media personality and entrepreneur, women in media, and not being afraid to “be fabulous.” Professor Margherita gives us a lesson on Italian words for this month, dedicated to women.
Laura Caparrotti Artistic Director, Kairos Italy Theater
Prof. Chris J. Cuomo Professor of Gender Studies, University of Georgia
Valerie Smaldone TV Personality/Entrepreneur
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
Kay Turner Folklorist
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 11 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 12 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30pm
- The Elena Ferrante Phenomenon
- Tuesday, November 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30pm