This edition: Tennessee Williams' Italians, Cashew MozzarellaTweet
Original tape date: April 29, 2015.
First aired: April 29, 2015.
Professor Emeritus Jack Barbera of the University of Mississippi delves into three of Tennessee Williams’ works - “The Rose Tattoo,” “Baby Doll,” and “Orpheus Descending” - and discusses the late playwright’s compassion for and representation of Italians, women, and Blacks. At the New York Vegetarian Festival, Chef Jay Astafa shows us how to make homemade mozzarella – with cashew milk!
Jay Astafa Chef
Jack Barbera, PhD Professor, The University of Mississippi
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Dr. Joseph Sciorra, Ph.D. Director of Academic and Cultural Programs/Folklorist, Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm