This edition: Tennessee Williams' Italians, Cashew MozzarellaTweet
Original tape date: April 29, 2015.
First aired: April 29, 2015.
Professor Emeritus Jack Barbera of the University of Mississippi delves into three of Tennessee Williams’ works - “The Rose Tattoo,” “Baby Doll,” and “Orpheus Descending” - and discusses the late playwright’s compassion for and representation of Italians, women, and Blacks. At the New York Vegetarian Festival, Chef Jay Astafa shows us how to make homemade mozzarella – with cashew milk!
Jay Astafa Chef
Jack Barbera, PhD Professor, The University of Mississippi
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Dr. Joseph Sciorra, Ph.D. Director of Academic and Cultural Programs/Folklorist, Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- ITALICS John Gennari: "Flavor And Soul"
- Tuesday, March 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 18 - 6:30pm
- NOIAW Annual Luncheon | NIAF Annual NY Gala
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 18 - 6:30pm