This edition: Espresso to beer in Williamsburg/Yeah Dawg/Cuomo on discriminationTweet
Original tape date: June 24, 2015.
First aired: June 24, 2015.
ITALICS finds out how an old-school pizzeria in Williamsburg, Brooklyn alters tradition to accommodate its changing clientele. Marina Benedetto of Yeah Dawg talks to us about her vegan, gluten-free hot dogs. Celebrating its 43rd year, the New York Conference of Italian American State Legislators honors distinguished members of the community – actor Paul Sorvino, rock bassist John Regan, “tailor to the stars” Nino Corvato, and a Lifetime Achievement Award to Matilda Raffa Cuomo. ITALICS goes to the state capital – and is joined by governor Andrew Cuomo.
Marina Benedetto Chef/Founder, Yeah Dawg!!!
Andrew M. Cuomo Governor, New York State
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Mimmo Lepore Owner, Sal’s Pizza
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm