This edition: LGBTQ in Italian AmericaTweet
Original tape date: September 30, 2015.
First aired: September 30, 2015.
ITALICS continues its coverage on being LGBTQ in Italian America. As a follow-up to our January 2014 episode, “Gay in Italian America,” in this edition, correspondent Lucia Grillo talks with members of the LGBTQ community: Lailah Lancing is a singer-songwriter and actress, whose look inspired that of her friend, actress Laverne Cox, for the film “Grandma,” in theatres now; Margo Singaliese is a veteran actress who has appeared Off-Broadway and on TV in shows such as “The Sopranos;” and filmmaker Mikki del Monico came out while directing his first feature film, which recently had at run at Anthology Film Archives.
Mikki del Monico Filmmaker
Lailah Lancing Singer-Songwriter/Actress
Margo Singaliese Actress
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 11 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 12 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30pm
- The Elena Ferrante Phenomenon
- Tuesday, November 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30pm