This edition: LGBTQ in Italian AmericaTweet
Original tape date: September 30, 2015.
First aired: September 30, 2015.
ITALICS continues its coverage on being LGBTQ in Italian America. As a follow-up to our January 2014 episode, “Gay in Italian America,” in this edition, correspondent Lucia Grillo talks with members of the LGBTQ community: Lailah Lancing is a singer-songwriter and actress, whose look inspired that of her friend, actress Laverne Cox, for the film “Grandma,” in theatres now; Margo Singaliese is a veteran actress who has appeared Off-Broadway and on TV in shows such as “The Sopranos;” and filmmaker Mikki del Monico came out while directing his first feature film, which recently had at run at Anthology Film Archives.
Mikki del Monico Filmmaker
Lailah Lancing Singer-Songwriter/Actress
Margo Singaliese Actress
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- April 2019
- Tuesday, April 9 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, April 10 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 13 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 14 - 6:30pm
- Three Wise Women & Two Women in Psychotherapy
- Tuesday, March 12 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 13 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 16 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 17 - 6:30pm