This edition: ITALICS Talks Relativity and Interculturality
Original tape date: November 25, 2015.
First aired: November 25, 2015.
As November 2015 marks the centenary of Einstein’s famous Theory of Relativity, Italian-Canadian Professor, Dr. Robert DiSalle visits the Calandra Institute for an intimate talk about the universe. NIAF– the National Italian American Foundation, holds its 40th annual weekend conference and gala. ILICA – Italian Language Intercultural Alliance’s eleventh anniversary is “A Night at the Queens Museum.” ITALICS closes its coverage of Italian Heritage & Culture Month with New York State Comptroller Tom Dinapoli’s event. The Italian and Italian American community bids farewell to Elizabeth “Lisa” Calillo, Assistant to the Consul General at the Italian Consulate in New York, as she embarks on a well-deserved retirement after a lifetime of service. A performance by Maestro Simeone Tartaglione and the Queens College Orchestra.
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm