This edition: Carl Safina / Luca Chiara Accessories / NOIAWTweet
Original tape date: January 27, 2016.
First aired: January 27, 2016.
This episode of ITALICS focuses on the environment. Lucia Grillo goes to the Safina Center at Stony Brook and talks with Dr. Carl Safina about his new book, “Beyond Words,” which gives new perspective on how we view animals. Designer Martin Salerno, founder of the chic – and high-tech – Luca Chiara, joins us in our studio to talk about what inspired his vegan leather accessories line. At the Italianate townhouse where the Columbus Citizens Foundation is housed, NOIAW celebrates three Wise Women: Donna Corrado, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Aging; Carin Guarasci, Professor of Education & Director of New Educators at Wagner College; and Sue Matthews of the non-profit, Conquering Kidz Cancer. Plus, ITALICS congratulates New York State Poet Laureate Emeritus, Joseph Tusiani, on his appointment by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Donna Corrado Commissioner, NYC Department of Aging
Lucia Grillo Producer & Correspondent, "ITALICS" Calandra Institute, Queens College, CUNY
Carin Guarasci Professor of Education & Director of New Educators, Wagner College
Sue Matthews Founder, Conquering Kidz Cancer
MaryRose Barranco Morris, Ed.D. Greater New York Region President, NOIAW
Carl Safina Founding President, Safina Center/Stony Brook
Martin Salerno Founder, Luca Chiara
Maria Tamburri Chair, NOIAW
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean & Executive Director, The John D. Calandra Italian American Institute
- January 2017: Photographer Tony Vaccaro | NOIAW Honors Wise Women
- Tuesday, November 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 3 - 6:30pm
- Natalie Abruzzo, "The Sixty-Six Percent" Documentary | Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Honors
- Tuesday, October 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 5 - 6:30pm