This edition: Christian Picciolini, Life after HateTweet
Original tape date: September 10, 2018.
First aired: October 9, 2018.
Racist embers were stoked during the 2016 presidential campaign and subsequent election of Donald Trump. But while racial tensions feel particularly dangerous right now, it’s important to remember that they are not new...
“I should know. Thirty years ago, I was complicit in spreading similar seeds of intolerance. For eight years of my life — and despite the fact that I was not raised in a racist environment — I was a hateful and violent white supremacist.” These are the words of Christian Picciolini author of “White American Youth: My Descent into America’s Most Violent Hate Movement — and How I Got Out,” published in 2017.
Anthony Tamburri met up with Christian Picciolini at the Calandra Institute.
Christian Picciolini Co-founder, Life After Hate
Cav. Anthony Julian Tamburri, PhD. Dean, John D. Calandra Italian American Institute - Queens College
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 11 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 12 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30pm
- The Elena Ferrante Phenomenon
- Tuesday, November 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30pm