This edition: Episodio #2: Néstor Garcia Canclini, Consulado móvil mexicano, Isaac Goldemberg y Las Hermanas MárquezTweet
Original tape date: November 3, 2005.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
En este episodio, Carmen Boullosa recibe en su casa a Néstor García Canclini, intelectual nacido en Argentina y radicado en México, cuyas ideas y libros lo han convertido en uno de los más grandes pensadores de nuestro tiempo. Después presenciamos el trabajo del Consulado Móvil Mexicano, cuyo proyecto va a la comunidad cuando ésta lo necesita; en este caso, se translada a Freehold Nueva Jersey. Nuestro anfitrión Patricio Lerzundi en su segmento 'Visitando a…' nos lleva a conocer al escritor judeo-peruano Isaac Goldemberg, quien ha logrado dar una presencia la la literatura latinoamericana en Estados Unidos. Para finalizar, nos quedamos con las divertidas historias y la música de las Hermanas Márquez, cantantes cubanas radicadas en Nueva York desde la década de los cincuentas.
Néstor García Canclini, Argentinean sociologist and philosopher considered by the Nouvel Observateur among the 26 most important thinkers or our time.
The Mexican Mobil Consulate, that supports its community by going to where it is needed, in this case, it goes to Freehold New Jersey.
Isaac Goldemberg, Jewish-Peruvian writer, who is founder and director of the Institute of Latin American Writers and publisher of Hostos Review, in Hostos Community College/CUNY.
Las Hermanas Márquez, Cuban singers based in NY, that had been taken from another time, and they recently recorded a new album with old songs from the 50´s.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Néstor García Canclini Anthropologist
Isaac Goldemberg Director of the Institute of Latin American Writers, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Las Hermanas Márquez Musicians
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #9
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm