This edition: Episodio #4: Consulado Argentino, José Manuel Prieto, Amalia Córdova y La Orquestra Sinfónica de GuayaquilTweet
Original tape date: January 5, 2006.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
Este programa lo iniciamos en el Cono Sur; Argentinos en Nueva York es el nombre de la exposición de video y fotografía que se presenta en el consulado argentino. Después, nuestra anfitriona Carmen Boullosa recibe en su casa a José Manuel Prieto, escritor cubano que se inició como ingeniero eléctrico en la antigua Unión Soviética. Patricio Lerzundi visita a Amalia Córdova en el Museo Nacional del Indio Americano para hablar de la preservación cultural y de los videos como herramienta en esta labor en los pueblos indígenas de las Américas. Para finalizar, presentamos a la Orquesta Sinfónica de Guayaquil, la cual combina en su repertorio piezas clásicas y composiciones de autores ecuatorianos como Álvaro Manzano que encontraron inspiración en temas andinos. Argentineans in NY, in the Argentinean consulate, there is a video and photo exhibit of 20 characters that explores how they adapt to a new life in New York.
José Manuel Prieto, Cuban writer that studied in Russia, and has received the recognition of John Simon Guggenheim Foundation among others.
Amalia Córdova, is the Latin American programs coordinator at the Film and Video Center of the National Museum of the American Indian/Smithsonian Institute.
Orquesta Sinfónica de Guayaquil, a first world level orchestra from Ecuador, that has in its repertory classical works as well as contemporary compositions by Alvaro Manzano inspired by the Andino music.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Amalia Córdova Latin American programs coordinator, National Museum of the American Indian/Smithsonian Institute.
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
José Manuel Prieto Writer
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 15 - 8:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm