This edition: Episodio #28: Lucila Moctezuma, Estela Bravo, Richard Peña, Uri StelznerTweet
Original tape date: March 6, 2008.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
En este episodio, dedicado al séptimo arte, presentamos diferentes aspectos del mismo a través de la perspectiva de una gestora de fondos, dos cineastas y un programador de festivales.
Empezamos en Brooklyn con Carmen Boullosa, quien entrevista a Lucila Moctezuma, directora del programa de financiamiento en cine administrado por Re-New Media, con fondos que provienen en su mayoría de la Fundación Rockefeller.
Después vamos a Manhattan a conocer el trabajo de Estela Bravo, reconocida cineasta norteamericana cuyo trabajo de 4 décadas se ha centrado en aspectos sociales y políticos de América Latina.
Luego nos vamos al Lincoln Center, donde Patricio Lerzundi nos lleva a visitar a Richard Peña, programador del Film Society y Director de programación del Festival de Cine de Nueva York.
Y finalmente estaremos en El Bronx, en Lehman Collage en donde Uli Stelzner presenta el documental Asalto al sueño sobre la problemática de los migrantes centroamericanos, en la frontera con Guatemala.
In this episode, dedicated to the Seventh Art, we bring you its different aspects, through the perspective of a grant giver, two filmmakers, and a festival organizer.
We begin in Brooklyn, where Carmen Boullosa interviews Lucila Moctezuma, Director of the Film Financing Program managed by ReNew Media, mostly with funds from the Rockefeller Foundation.
Then, we go to Manhattan to get acquainted with the work of Estela Bravo, renowned American filmmaker, whose work spanning four decades has addressed Latin American political and social aspects.
Then Patricio Lerzundi takes us to Lincoln Center to visit Richard Peña, Programmer for the Film Society and Program Director for the New York Film Festival.
And we finish in the Bronx, at Lehman College, where Uli Stelzner presents his documentary "Assaulting a Dream," about the issue of Central American immigrants along the Guatemalan border.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Estela Bravo Cineasta
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Lucila Montezuma Media Arts Fellowships Director
Richard Peña Director de Programacion del Film Society
Uli Stelzner Cineasta
- I am a dreamer
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm