This edition: Episodio #44: Roberto Sánchez-Delgado, José Chegüi Torres, Juan Carlos PintoTweet
Original tape date: February 19, 2009.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
En este episodio iniciamos en Brooklyn College, en el laboratorio de Química Inorgánica donde Roberto Sánchez-Delgado, profesor e investigador venezolano, busca una nueva medicina para combatir el flagelo mundial de la malaria.
Después Patricio Lerzundi nos lleva a recordar a José Chegüí Torres quien murió recientemente, a la edad de 72 años, en Puerto Rico. El legendario campeón mundial de boxeo en la categoria de peso semi-completo, fue un valioso critico de deportes, escritor prolifico y columnista de El Diario La Prensa.
Luego nos vamos a Brooklyn, a visitar al guatemalteco Juan Carlos Pinto. Pintor, muralista y activista político-cultural de origen maya-chorti, quien a través de su arte, que usualmente tiene un carácter comunitario, busca entre otras causas promover los derechos de los latinos indocumentados y la prohibicion de la caza de ballenas en su país.
We begin this episode at Brooklyn College's laboratory of inorganic chemistry, where Roberto Sánchez-Delgado, a Venezuelan professor and researcher, searches for a new medicine against malaria.
Then, Patricio Lerzundi remembers José "Chegüí" Torres, who died recently, at the age of 72, in Puerto Rico. The legendary light heavyweight world champ was a valuable sports critic, prolific writer and columnist for El Diario La Prensa.
And, finally, we go to Brooklyn to visit Juan Carlos Pinto, a Guatemalan painter, muralist and political-cultural activist of Maya-Chorti origin, who through his art, which usually has a communitarian essence, seeks, among other causes, to promote the rights of undocumented Latinos and to ban whaling in his country.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Alberto Martínez Investigador Postdoctoral Asociado, Brooklyn College/CUNY
Juan Carlos Pinto Pintor y activista politico
Chandima Rajapakse Estudiante, PhD, Brooklyn College/CUNY
Roberto Sánchez-Delgado Profesor/Investigador, Brooklyn College/CUNY
José Chegüí Torres Sports Journalist & Writer
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm