This edition: Episodio #50: Lorenzo Gómez-AeoN, Gerardo Piña Rosales, Paso del NorteTweet
Original tape date: June 4, 2009.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
Iniciamos en las calles de Bushwick Brooklyn, con el joven artista Lorenzo Gómez-AeoN originario de Bogotá Colombia, lleva 4 años dejando su marca en la ciudad a través de murales y exposiciones de pintura, y ha viajado por Latinoamérica interviniendo ciudades con sus compañeros del colectivo APC (Animal Planet Collective).
Después Patricio Lerzundi nos lleva al Bronx, a conocer a Gerardo Piña Rosales, Director de la Academia Norteamericana de la Lengua Española, la cual recientemente firmó un acuerdo bilateral con el gobierno de los E.U. reconociendo a esta institución como la más alta autoridad de nuestro idioma en este país.
Y finalmente nos vamos al East Village, a ver una puesta en escena inspirada en en un cuento de Juan Rulfo, Paso del Norte, que cuenta la historia de un joven que deja a su familia para poder ganar dinero en los Estados Unidos. La obra es el resulta de un proceso de colaboración entre artistas con una larga trayectoria y jornaleros de la comunidad emigrante latinoamericana.
We begin in Bushwick, Brooklyn, with the young artist from Bogotá, Colombia, Lorenzo Gómez-AeoN, who has been leaving a mark on the city for the past four years with his murals and art exhibitions. He has traveled throughout Latin America, intervening in cities with his group of artists, APC, Animal Planet Collective.
Then, Patricio Lerzundi takes us to the Bronx, to meet Gerardo Piña Rosales, Director of the North American Academy of the Spanish Language, which recently signed a bilateral agreement with the U.S. government, recognizing this institution as our language's highest authority in this country.
And, finally, we're off to the East Village, to see a theater piece based on a Juan Rulfo short story. "Paso del Norte" tells the story of a young man who leaves his family to make money in the U.S. This play is the result of a process of collaboration between experienced artists and day laborers from the Latino immigrant community.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Lorenzo Gómez Artista Gráfico
Anita Guzmán Actriz
Germán Jaramillo Director
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Pablo Mayor Compositor/Músico
Gerardo Piña Rosales Escritor y académico
Jorge Luis Vera Actor
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm