This edition: Episodio #56: Lucía Pulido, Elena Climent, Joaquín CortésTweet
Original tape date: September 17, 2009.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
En este episodio iniciamos con la cantante Lucía Pulido, quien nos visitó, en Midtown Manhattan, en las instalaciones de CUNY TV para hablarnos de su experiencia profesional, desde sus inicios en Colombia en los años 80s hasta su trabajo desarrollado mas recientemente en esta ciudad. Lucía ha radicado en Nueva York la última década, y eso la ha llevado a encontrar un estilo único donde el jazz y los ritmos tradicionales de su país bailan en un suave vaiyven.
Después en Brooklyn Carmen Boullosa recibe a la pintora mexicana Elena Climent. Afincada en Nueva York desde hace dos decadas, Climent habla de su trabajo como pintora independiente y de su mas reciente proyecto, el gran mural de 3 metros de alto por 10 de ancho titulado “En casa con sus libros” que pinto en una de las paredes de la Universidad de Nueva York como homenaje a 6 escritores newyorquinos.
Y finalmente en Manhattan nos encontramos con el bailarín español Joaquín Cortés, quien nos habla sobre la cultura gitana y la riqueza del baile flamenco. Joaquín nos da detalles sobre su designación como Embajador Cultural de la Comunidad Europea.
In this episode we begin with singer Lucía Pulido, who visited us at CUNY TV in Midtown Manhattan, to tell us about her professional experience, from her beginnings in Colombia in the 80s, to her more recent works developed here in the City. Lucía has lived in New York for a decade and that has helped her find a unique style, where jazz and her country's traditional rhythms dance together in unison.
Then, in Brooklyn, Carmen Boullosa interviews Mexican painter Elena Climent, who established herself in New York two decades ago. Climent talks about her work as an independent artist and her latest project, a great 10 X 30 ft. mural titled "At Home With Their Books," which she painted on one of the walls at NYU as an homage to six New York writers.
And, finally, we return to Manhattan where we meet with Spanish dancer Joaquín Cortés, who tells us about his gypsy culture and the richness of flamenco dance. He also gives us details about being named Ambassador of Gypsy Culture in the European Community.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Elena Climent Pintora
Joaquín Cortés Bailarín
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Lucía Pulido Cantante
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm