This edition: Episodio #58: The Peréz Notes, J. Zugazagoitia-Museo del Barrio, Carlos ArcieriTweet
Original tape date: October 15, 2009.
En este episodio comenzamos nuestro recorrido en LaGuardia Community College en Long Island City, visitando a Roberto Pérez, director de “The Pérez Notes”, un programa radiofónico sobre política, arte y entretenimiento dirigido a la comunidad hispana bilingüe de Nueva York.
Luego vamos hasta la “Milla de los Museos” de Manhattan, en la calle 104 con la Quinta Avenida. Patricio Lerzundi visita el Museo del Barrio y entrevista a su director, el mexicano Julián Zugazagoitia, quien comenta sobre la renovación del centro artístico, considerado una de las sedes más emblemáticas del arte latino y latinoamericano.
Y para finalizar visitamos en Midtown el taller del colombiano Carlos Arcieri, quien lleva más de 30 años trabajando como luthier, en la reparación y construcción de violines y violas. Un noble oficio en el que Arcieri es reconocido internacionalmente.
This episode begins at Long Island City's LaGuardia Community College, meeting Roberto Pérez, whose radio show, “The Pérez Notes,” covers politics, arts and entertainment for the NYC's bilingual Hispanic community.
Then we go to Manhattan's Museum Mile, on 104th St. and 5th Ave. Patricio Lerzundi visits El Museo del Barrio and interviews its director, Julián Zugazagoitia from Mexico. They talk about the renovations to the Arts Center, an emblematic venue for Latino and Latin American art.
And, finally, in Midtown, we visit Carlos Arcieri, a Colombian luthier with more than 30 years experience making and repairing violins and violas, a prestigious occupation that has won him world renown.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Roberto Perez Host, “The Perez Notes,” LaGuardia CC/CUNY
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm