This edition: Episodio #60: Luis Miranda, Luis Barrios, Encuentro de Músicos ColombianosTweet
Original tape date: November 19, 2009.
En este episodio comenzamos nuestro recorrido en el corazón del Midtown de Manhattan, en las oficinas de Global Strategy Group, donde Patricio Lerzundi es recibido por Luis Miranda, activista político, líder comunitario y fundador del periódico bilingüe “Manhattan Times”.
A continuación vamos a John Jay College para encontrarnos con el profesor y reverendo Luis Barrios, quien nos habla de su decidido compromiso social y sus recientes enfrentamientos con la justicia norteamericana como consecuencia de su activismo político.
Y finalizamos en el Highline Ballroom en Manhattan, donde más de cien músicos colombianos se han dado cita bajo la dirección del compositor Pablo Mayor. Un encuentro que abarca desde ritmos tradicionales hasta fusiones de jazz y música electrónica.
We begin this episode in Manhattan, at the offices of the Global Strategy Group, where Patricio Lerzundi is received by Luis Miranda, political activist, community leader and founder of the bilingual newspaper the “Manhattan Times”.
Then it's off to John Jay College to meet professor and reverend Luis Barrios, who will talk about his social commitment and his recent issues with the U.S. justice system as a result of his political activism.
And we finish at the Highland Ballroom, where over a thousand more than a hundred Colombian musicians have come together under the direction of composer Pablo Mayor, in a meeting, which covers traditional beats to fusions of jazz and electronic music.
Rev. Luis Barrios Psicólogo y profesor de estudios puertorriqueños, J. J. College/CUNY
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Pablo Mayor Compositor/Músico
Luis Miranda Campaign Consultant, Bronx
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm