This edition: Episodio #63: Best of Season 5, Part 1Tweet
Original tape date: January 21, 2010.
En este episodio ofrecemos una selección con lo más destacado de nuestra quinta temporada. Comenzamos en Brooklyn donde Carmen Boullosa recibe al chef mexicano Roberto Santibañez. Graduado con honores en la prestigiosa escuela Cordon Blue de Francia, Santibañez tiene una larga trayectoria que incluye la escritura de libros y artículos en prestigiosas revistas culinarias.
En Lincoln Center hablamos con Juan Carlos Zagal, integrante del grupo chileno Teatro-Cinema, quien vino a Nueva York con su última obra “Gemelos”, resultado de la fusión del teatro y del cine sobre el escenario.
Después nos dirigimos al Alto Manhattan, donde Patricio Lerzundi se encuentra con Luis Miranda, activista comunitario y fundador del periódico bilingüe “The Manhattan Times”.
Y finalmente, sin salir de la isla de Manhattan, charlamos con el bailarín español Joaquín Cortés, quien nos habla sobre la cultura gitana, la riqueza del baile flamenco y nos da detalles sobre su designación como Embajador Cultural ante la Comunidad Europea.
In this episode, we offer you a selection of the best of our fifth season. We'll start in Brooklyn, where Carmen Boullosa meets Mexican chef Roberto Santibañez. Graduating with honors from the famous Cordon Bleu school in France, Santibañez has a long track record including writing books and articles for prestigious culinary magazines.
At Lincoln Center, we talk with Juan Carlos Zagal, from the Chilean theater group Teatro-Cinema, which brought their latest work “Gemelos,” to New York, a fusion of theater and film on stage.
Then, we head for Upper Manhattan, where Patricio Lerzundi meets Luis Miranda, community activist and founder of the bilingual newspaper "The Manhattan Times."
And, finally, still in Manhattan, we meet with Spanish dancer Joaquín Cortés, who tells us about gypsy culture, and the richness of flamenco dance. He'll also give us details about being named Ambassador of Gypsy Culture in the European Community.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Joaquín Cortés Bailarín
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Luis Miranda Campaign Consultant, Bronx
Roberto Santibañez Chef
Juan Carlos Zagal Integrante, Teatro Cinema
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #5
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am